Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It may seem that we really like gardens...

We visited Les Jardins du Manoir D'Eyrignac yesterday afternoon.  Now, this is not typically a stop on the major sights of the Dordogne list.  But it came highly recommended from someone and we knew he'd get a real kick that we actually went to visit.


The gardens were more formal than Marqueyssac, but what I liked most was that the gorgeous chateau had been in the same family for 22 generations (over 500 years) and the family was living there still.  And it was such a pretty chateau.

We also learned that you can do weddings and other events there, and that their annual maintenance costs were €700k - with 80,000 annual visitors, they were still short of covering their maintenance costs.  It's a true labor of love for the family.

Oh, and I promised my daughter I'd post a picture every day to show my ridiculous self-indulgence on the ice-cream front.  This is my peach melba of the day - more chantilly than ice cream!

No comments: