Sunday, April 11, 2010

Grand Central and Metrazur

We headed to New York for a 5 day trip over Spring Break and stayed at the Grand Hyatt above Grand Central Station in Midtown. It's really not one of my favorite hotels, but I can get to the office in under 5 minutes, which is super valuable when I'm blearily rousing myself to be in at 9 am eastern time.

We arrived around 8 pm and headed into the Main Concourse of Grand Central to sort out some dinner. Although the basement food court was tempting (I'm serious, I love that food court), we ended up at Metrazur on the east balcony.

The restaurant is beautiful and the ambiance in Grand Central can't be beat. They also had a great deal for a prix fixe - pick 3 courses off the menu and get 2 glasses of wine for $44. Since each appetizer was around $15 and the entrees were in the high $20s, we decided this was the way to go.

I started with a white asparagus salad that was excellent - my first white asparagus of the year! I followed with some wild striped bass with more asparagus (green this time), which was very good. We also ordered a couple of the angus strip steak with french fries - which I liberally sampled from Amara and Sean.

Desserts were pretty but somewhat unmemorable. We finished eating around 10 and wandered back upstairs to our room. Which was billed as a parlor suite. But had the smallest bathroom in creation. Do not book a Lexington Suite at this hotel - trust me on this.

No comments: