Monday, August 4, 2008

Sunday Brunch at the Sukhothai Hotel

So my friend Leslie is visiting from the US and I was determined to show her the best Sunday Brunch in Bangkok. Sadly, there's seems to be no consensus as to the best brunch - and after I found out that our previous fave, Next2 at the Shangri-la Hotel, was under renovation, I picked the Colonnade at the Sukhothai.

The Sukhothai is a gorgeous 5-star hotel done in modern Thai decor with beautiful water views from the brunch room. Here's an overview of the selections (trust me, even these pictures don't do it justice!)


The bread selection - the pretzel bread was a particular favorite.










Prepared sushi selection - there was also a sushi master available to create sushi to order, including some high quality sashimi options.






Peking duck, carved to order.









The grill station which included prime rib, leg of lamb and a chicken tandoori carving station at the front. There was also pan-fried foie gras with a mango sauce - yum.










One of the many dessert stations - I love mini-desserts! The lemon meringue tart was especially good. As was the mango and sticky rice (alas, not pictured).

No comments: