Sunday, August 10, 2008

Is food the center of my existence?

I was reading my friend Leslie's blog and noted her very funny, but oh-so-true comment that "Not only do we eat, we talk about our next meal while we're eating the current meal."

This has always been the case with my family and I'm just beginning to realize that this is not normal behavior for most other people in the world.

Let me enumerate my dining highlights of the past week:

- Sunday: massively indulgent Sunday Brunch buffet at the Sukhothai Hotel

- Monday: lovely meal at Savoury, a little cafe in Siam Paragon (the most high end shopping center in Bangkok)

- Tuesday: "modern asian" meal at Breeze, outdoor dining on the 54th floor of a high rise building (made much more exciting when the entire restaurant had to move indoors when it started raining at 8 pm - a task accomplished by the staff in record time)

- Wednesday: afternoon tea in the Four Seasons lobby, surrounded by Thai police and very obvious Secret Service personnel (preparing for W's entrance that evening)

- Thursday: lunch at the Deck on the Chao Praya river, across from Wat Arun, the Temple of Dawn

- Friday: nouveau Japanese at Ginger, a new restaurant on the 24th floor of the Centara Grand Hotel where I fell in love with Yuzu-flavored salt

- Saturday: dinner at Youreaguan, a simple Korean restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 59 (the wait staff was oh-so-nice)

- Sunday: dinner at Indochine, a lovely Vietnamese place in an old house


No comments: