Saturday, June 13, 2009

Rancho del Ingles

On Saturday morning, we took a short flight down to Malaga on ClickAir - a Spanish low-cost carrier. We picked up our car and drove a short distance to Alhaurin de la Torre, to our home for the next week, Rancho del Ingles.I have to admit that it was a little more rustic than I had expected, but it's definitely grown on me over the past day.The whole rancho consists of multiple buildings with a total of 10 bedrooms, 3 kitchens and a nice pool. We're surrounded by fruit trees - we had plums and oranges from those trees today. My friend Leslie provides an overview here.
My bedroom is in the tower of the main building. It's a small room with beautiful views but it's most unique feature is an outdoor bathroom. Now, this may be common in high end resorts in Hawaii, but it's a little unusual for a renovated farmhouse in Andalucia.
I'm getting used to showering in the open air, hearing the birds and feeling the breeze :)

No comments: