Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not many memorable meals

One of my travel companions in Las Vegas last week was my 13 month old niece. This greatly limits fine dining opportunities, especially when her usual bedtime is 7:30 pm. For the very first time ever, we would be done with a full meal (including dessert) by 7 pm. In Vegas!

We had a nice dinner at Noodles, the Asian place in Bellagio one night. I had a very good Hainanese Chicken Rice, one of my favorite dishes.



Another night we dined at Olives, also in the Bellagio. I had always envied those people who had one of the coveted outdoor tables on the patio. I now know the secret of scoring one of those few tables - show up at 5 pm when the restaurant opens. Yes, 5 pm. That's when we were seated! But the view was beautiful, the fountains were awesome and my niece happily sat through a 2 hour meal. And like I said before, we were done by 7 pm!

No comments: