Saturday, November 22, 2008

4+ Hours in Transit at Narita

After sitting in the lounge on my computer for 2 hours, I got bored and hungry and decided to go have a wander around the Terminal 1 facilities. I was planning on walking over to check out the ANA lounge (UA lounges are usually pretty inadequate on the food front compared to the Asian airlines), but ended up distracted by other things instead.

This was a banana holder that I was sorely tempted to buy, available in a multitude of colors. I guess just putting your banana in with your lunch just won't do.
Lots of very beautifully packaged, unidentifiable sweets are available - I'd buy these more if I actually liked red bean.
Japanese women seem to have a thing for blotting paper - there was quite the variety available - not that I could tell the difference between the various kinds. I've never used blotting paper in my life.
I had a reasonably priced bowl of tempura udon as a snack.

And finally boarded the plane (yay, upgraded) for the long journey home...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blotting paper is the greatest invention. My girlfriends and I always have a packet handy in our purses. If you have oily skin at all, you just blot a sheet across your face ever so lightly, and your makeup looks good as new. It's a must-have! ;)

Neeracha T. said...

Wow - as a loyal reader of Foodgal, I got a kick out of your post! Thanks for the tip on the blotting paper - now I kinda wish I had availed myself of all the wonderful choices at Narita. Well, next time...

Leslie M said...

On the flight I took from Narita to SFO this summer the gal next to me had very cool blotting paper in a very hip case. I went to Sephora when I got home and they only have one kind of it -- and it's not pretty at all. Now we know what to buy in Japan next time ...