Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Musings on the Trip

Well we've been back for a few days now and there's a whiff of sadness in the air that our trip is over. Of course, we seem to be taking "once-in-a-lifetime" trips every two years or so, so we're already incredibly fortunate to be able to have these experiences and share such good times with friends.

I've always been a big traveler - I get restless when I don't go anywhere for too long a period of time. And very restless when I don't leave the country periodically. My passport is about to run out of pages...

Now, the fact that I'm heading to Tokyo in 6 days, to Thailand in 12 days and my passport is currently at the Chinese Consulate waiting for a visa so I can go to Shanghai at the end of the month does mitigate any current sense of wanderlust! I anticipate remaining in a fog of jetlag for the next 4 weeks.

I'm a person who makes lists, so here's my short list of things we missed on this past trip:

Things to Do Next Time In Provence
Châteauneuf du Pape
Roussillon, Sault, Gault and more villages perchés in the Luberon
Nîmes
Arles and the Camargue
Saint Paul de Mausole hospital at Saint-Rémy-de-Provence (Van Gogh spent a lot of time there)

Things to Do Next Time In Paris

Louvre and Musée des arts Décoratifs
Rue Mouffetard market
Pierre Herme in St. Germain
Ladurée
La grande épicerie at Bon Marché
Versailles
Giverny
Musée de l’Orangerie

It's always good to have more goals... :)

No comments: