Sunday, February 15, 2009

More cupcake mania...

I was disappointed to figure out a few months ago that Kara's Cupcakes doesn't do special decorations even if you special order a batch of mini-cupcakes - other than frost them in a particular color scheme. When I ordered 2 dozen minis for a Halloween party, they told me that their special Halloween sugar cutouts were only available for the full sized cupcakes and not the minis. Now, as much as I like the cupcakes, the full-sized ones are just too big with an inordinate amount of frosting. And I like my decorations...

So for my niece's 1st birthday party, I decided to forgo Kara's and go with a special order with Sibby's Cupcakery. I've ordered from Sibby's quite a few times in the past - for both business and personal events. For a past birthday at the Marine Science Institute, they did a tray of delightful marine themed mini cupcakes with little fish and whales everywhere on sky and sea blue frosting. I've been in love with their decorating ever since.

This time, they did a pink and brown carnival/candy theme for my niece, incorporating her name and the number 1. It was adorable. I ordered 12 chocolate tea cakes, 6 vanilla and 6 lemon drop. They were all gone extremely quickly. Order yours at Sibby's today!

No comments: